Saturday, March 01, 2008

Is it Jazz?

I can understand that a Jazz Festival invite people that are not Jazzman if it is in a way related to Jazz (Funk, Hiphop...) but yesterday I was for the second night at the Dubai Jazz Festival and I was surprised!

On the first night there was a Flamenco/Rumba band from Canada! Well is it jazz? And why from Canada and not from Spain!? No big deal...

Yesterday I knew that I was going to see David Gray, so I asked my friend, who is this Dude? Nobody could tell me! So I said to myself "He might be a new Jazz star!"

Well not really he is just another pop artist... quite an interesting style if you like this style but definitely not a Jazzman!

DUBAI, Stop calling a pop festival a JAZZ FESTIVAL!!!!!

And for the one who don't know what I'm talking about look at the shot and don't tell me it's Jazz!

No comments: